From: Kazimir Majorinc on

+ Peter Norvig (Common Lisp)
+ Kent Pitman (Common Lisp)
+ Christian Queinnec (Common Lisp)
+ Robert Strandh (Common Lisp)
+ Didier Verna (Common Lisp)
+ Barry Wilkes (Common Lisp)
+ Taiichi Yuasa (Common Lisp)

From: Alessio Stalla on
On Dec 14, 4:42 pm, Kazimir Majorinc <em...(a)false.false> wrote:
> Unfortunately, there is a bias
> toward Common lisp:

So? Don't you agree that today Common Lisp is the most important
representative of the Lisp family? And anyway, I was at last year's
ELS and Scheme got its fair share. There were also one or two talks
about SKILL (a proprietary Lisp dialect), a presentation about
software engineering, and a talk about the future of Lisp, among
others, so Common Lisp wasn't that prevalent. If you'd like to talk
about a specific Lisp dialect, submit a paper, it's open to everyone
as far as I know.

From: Didier Verna on
Kazimir Majorinc <email(a)false.false> wrote:

> Unfortunately, there is a bias toward Common lisp:

> + Christian Queinnec (Common Lisp) <= Scheme in fact
> + Didier Verna (Common Lisp) <= Add emacs-lisp

but anyway, there being a bias in the PC's background doesn't mean
there is one in the paper selection, and I can assure you that there is
none.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site: http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com
From: Raffael Cavallaro on
On 2009-12-14 12:28:07 -0500, Didier Verna <didier(a)lrde.epita.fr> said:

> but anyway, there being a bias in the PC's background doesn't mean
> there is one in the paper selection, and I can assure you that there is
> none.

No doubt you're right. Your parent's complaint stems from the fact that
his favored language is newlisp. Why it is that papers submitted to an
academic conference on lisp languages are unlikely to use newlisp is
left as an exercise for the reader.[1]

--
Raffael Cavallaro

[1] Maybe its because newlisp is a language which has dynamic scope by
default, integers which silently wrap, and no real possibility of
compilation because its macros are actually fexprs.

From: Spiros Bousbouras on
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:42:49 +0100
Kazimir Majorinc <email(a)false.false> wrote:

> Unfortunately, there is a bias
> toward Common lisp:
>

> Programme Chair
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Christophe Rhodes (Common Lisp)
>
> Local Chair
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Antonio Leitao (Common Lisp)
>
> Programme Committee
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> + Marco Antoniotti (Common Lisp)
> + Giuseppe Attardi (Common Lisp)
> + Pascal Costanza (Common Lisp)
> + Irene Anne Durand, (Common Lisp)
> + Marc Feeley (Scheme)
> + Ron Garret (Common Lisp)
> + Gregor Kiczales (Common Lisp)
> + Nick Levine (Common Lisp)
> + Scott McKay (Common Lisp)
> + Peter Norvig (Common Lisp)
> + Kent Pitman (Common Lisp)
> + Christian Queinnec (Common Lisp)
> + Robert Strandh (Common Lisp)
> + Didier Verna (Common Lisp)
> + Barry Wilkes (Common Lisp)
> + Taiichi Yuasa (Common Lisp)

What criteria are you using to associate a specific Lisp dialect with
each person ?
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: embedding lisp ...