From: Kenneth M. Lin on

""Simon, Lorna"" <Lorna.Simon(a)UMASSMED.EDU> wrote in message
>I am trying to run a series of crosstabs using proc freq and I keep
> getting the following error:
> ERROR: Insufficient page size to print frequency table.
>
> I've run the frequencies of all the variables by themselves (i.e., not
> crossing them with another variable) and I did not get this error. Has
> anyone come across this? does anyone know how to fix this?

How many variables are you cross-tabulating? If even one of the variable is
not discrete, the number of combination becomes so large that it'd require
hundreds of pages to print. Yes, you could run out of pages even if you do
PROC PRINT.

From: Chris Jones on
On 5 Oct, 19:00, "Kenneth M. Lin" <kenneth_m_...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> ""Simon, Lorna"" <Lorna.Si...(a)UMASSMED.EDU> wrote in message

> >I am trying to run a series of crosstabs using proc freq and I keep
> > getting the following error:
> > ERROR: Insufficient page size to print frequency table.
>
> > I've run the frequencies of all the variables by themselves (i.e., not
> > crossing them with another variable) and I did not get this error. Has
> > anyone come across this? does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> How many variables are you cross-tabulating?  If even one of the variable is
> not discrete, the number of combination becomes so large that it'd require
> hundreds of pages to print.  Yes, you could run out of pages even if you do
> PROC PRINT.

I've had this when trying to crosstab several variables.

The 'workaround' was to use a PROC SUMMARY to get the crosstab
frequencies.