From: Alicia-Paris on
COLUMN E has a range from 1-5, COLUMN F I want to show a number depending on
COLUMN E. E.g. if e1=1 then f1=12, if e2=4 then f1=57. I want the F COLUMN to
depend on the E COLUMN. But I am not sure how to do this.

The IF function doesnt work because I want there to be 5 conditions.

Basically.... 1= one number 2= a different number 3= a diff number and so
on; and with this, depending on which number gets put in cell E (1-5), i want
F to reflect the true number.

Please help guys as this is driving me bonkers!
From: Mike H on
Hi,

This isn't; to me, very clear but maybe this

=CHOOSE(E1,12,57,67,77,87)

Now if e1 is 1 the formula returns 12, If e1=2 it returns 57 etc
--
Mike

question.

From: Alicia-Paris on
It didnt work.

Basically: 1=36, 2=72, 3=108, 4=132, 5=165.

COLUMN E comes from a different worksheet via macros, so i want COLUMN F to
then show the true value between 1-5 to the numbers shown above.

i.e.

e3= 4............... therefore i want f3= 132

From: Jacob Skaria on
Try

=IF(E1,CHOOSE(E1,12,57,67,77,87),"")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Alicia-Paris on
Also, i forgot to add.... the COLUMN E cells already have something in them..
they are hyperlinked to another workbook. i.e. the number in them is from
another sheet. i have just put in the cell : =(cell from other workbook)

"Alicia-Paris" wrote:

> COLUMN E has a range from 1-5, COLUMN F I want to show a number depending on
> COLUMN E. E.g. if e1=1 then f1=12, if e2=4 then f1=57. I want the F COLUMN to
> depend on the E COLUMN. But I am not sure how to do this.
>
> The IF function doesnt work because I want there to be 5 conditions.
>
> Basically.... 1= one number 2= a different number 3= a diff number and so
> on; and with this, depending on which number gets put in cell E (1-5), i want
> F to reflect the true number.
>
> Please help guys as this is driving me bonkers!
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: excel versions
Next: CONDITIONAL FORMATTING- EXCEL