From: Alicia-Paris on
If COLUMN Z is more than 36... then i want it to highlight the entire row.

I have 70 rows, all with different numbers in that are already all working,
however, if the number gets above 36 in the Z COLUMN, i want it to highligh
the ENTIRE row. How do I get it to do this please guys?
From: Jacob Skaria on
1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:Z70) or the entire rows 1 to 70 . Please
note that the rowl reference 1 mentioned in the formula is the active row in
the selection. Active row will have the active cell with white background
even after selection

2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting>
3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=$Z1>36

4. Click Format Button>Pattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional
Formatting>Manage rules>New rule>Use a formula to determine which cells to
format. Enter the formula in the box below.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Alicia-Paris on
That worked perfectly! Thank you very much!

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Place the cursor in Z1 cell and press Shiftl+Spacebar and now the 1st Row
will be getting selected. Z1 should be the active cell (Active Cell will
have a white Background after selection also). Extend your selection by
holding Shift+Down Arrow upto your desired row.

Excel 2003:-
Select Format>>Conditional Formatting>>Condition 1>>Formula Is>>
=$Z1>36
Then Click the Format command button and choose your desired Font and
Pattern colour and give Ok…

Excel 2007:-

Click Home>>Conditional Formatting>>Manage Rules
OR
Alt+O+D
Click New Rule>>Select Use Formula to determine which cell to Format>>Format
Values Where This Formula is True>> Copy and paste the below formula
=$Z1>36
Click Ok>>Apply>>Ok.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

From: Alicia-Paris on
Sorry, thank you for your replies.... but neither work now. chekced it and i
have a few cells in my Z COLUMN that are above 36 and the row isn't
highlighted :(

"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:

> Place the cursor in Z1 cell and press Shiftl+Spacebar and now the 1st Row
> will be getting selected. Z1 should be the active cell (Active Cell will
> have a white Background after selection also). Extend your selection by
> holding Shift+Down Arrow upto your desired row.
>
> Excel 2003:-
> Select Format>>Conditional Formatting>>Condition 1>>Formula Is>>
> =$Z1>36
> Then Click the Format command button and choose your desired Font and
> Pattern colour and give Ok…
>
> Excel 2007:-
>
> Click Home>>Conditional Formatting>>Manage Rules
> OR
> Alt+O+D
> Click New Rule>>Select Use Formula to determine which cell to Format>>Format
> Values Where This Formula is True>> Copy and paste the below formula
> =$Z1>36
> Click Ok>>Apply>>Ok.
>
> --
> Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps!
>
> --------------------
> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
>

> "Alicia-Paris" wrote:
>
> > If COLUMN Z is more than 36... then i want it to highlight the entire row.
> >
> > I have 70 rows, all with different numbers in that are already all working,
> > however, if the number gets above 36 in the Z COLUMN, i want it to highligh
> > the ENTIRE row. How do I get it to do this please guys?
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: EXCEL (IF)
Next: Hyperlink to folder on Save