From: Felix on
Hi

I'm losing the link to my folder when I save my worksheet having set it up a
hyperlink. I've tried switiching off 'update links on Save' in the Web
Options which seems to work OK but when anyone else opens the file form
another network PC, the link is lost again when they save the document. Is
there anyway I can lock the hyperlink down so the address doesn't get aleter
when its saved on other network PCs?
From: Jacob Skaria on
Try using the HYPERLINK() function instead

=HYPERLINK("file:////c:\filename.xls","Book1")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)