From: BobT on
I need to total a column of numbers eg 'R' but only if the column 'I' says
'DES'.
--
BobT
From: Gary''s Student on
=SUMPRODUCT(--(I1:I100="DES"),R1:R100)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

From: Daryl S on
Bob -

Adjust the column lengths to your needs. This is an array formula, so after
putting this in your result cell, press Ctrl|Sift|Enter instead of just Enter.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(I2:I13 = "DES"),J2:J13)

--
Daryl S

From: Teethless mama on
=SUMIF(I:I,"Des",R:R)

From: Fred Smith on
Daryl,

Sumproduct is not an array function. Using Enter will suffice.

Regards
Fred