From: Nat on
We have a user testing OL 2007 in a Vista environment and when she logs in
before even opening anything she gets the following message " Outlook profile
cannot be updated when MAPI application is running. Please close all
applications and retry. Search Protocol host.exe. Cannot start Microsoft
Office Outlook."

The user clicks OK and then is able to open Outlook. She saves copies of
email on a server and when she attempts to open the email, she gets the
following message "the message interface has returned and unknown error. If
problem persists restart Outlook."

Any suggestions on what could be causing these error messages. I can not
recreate the error messages on my Vista test PC.

thanks in advance,