From: Jayanta Pramanik Jayanta on
In worksheet I want to insert more column, but I can't do d same beyond grid
IV (Ato IV). Is there any way? so that I can insert more columns as I desire!!
waiting for Ur immeD8 response!

Jayanta Pramanik
From: T. Valko on
If you're using Excel versions 2003 or earlier the number of columns per
worksheet is 256 and can not be expanded.

Excel 2007 has more than 16,000 columns and 1 million rows.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jayanta Pramanik" <Jayanta Pramanik(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C4E476E8-8DE4-4208-BBB2-D9E840F9FE3E(a)microsoft.com...

From: ozgrid.com on
Upgrading to Excel 2007 is the only way.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: Jacob Skaria on
Sorry you cannot. The number of columns in XL2003 is limited to 256.

XL2003 Worksheet size 65,536 rows by 256 columns
XL2007 Worksheet size 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Billns on
On 5/18/2010 9:47 PM, Jayanta Pramanik wrote:
> In worksheet I want to insert more column, but I can't do d same beyond grid
> IV (Ato IV). Is there any way? so that I can insert more columns as I desire!!
> waiting for Ur immeD8 response!
>
> Jayanta Pramanik

How many rows of data does your worksheet have?

If it's less than 256 you could transpose rows and columns. Otherwise
you'll need to redesign your worksheet or upgrade as suggested.

In more than 20 years of using spreadsheets I've never gone beyond 52
columns. YMMV.

Bill