From: Arjaen on
Hi Kelvin,

I always use www.copyconfirm.com to avoid this kind of problems.

It's an easy tool to prove what you sent, when and to whom.

It's free when you open an private account.

Hope I helped you wiht this.

regards,

Arjaen

Kelvin wrote:

How can I document (prove) that an email was sent and when it was sent?
09-Feb-09

I have a manager who has an email account that is setup like this.

Basically I have the mail box setup so everything that arrives in the mail
box also gets sent to his Black Berry via a "Mail Contact" in addition to
his PC.

On the Tab "Mail Flow Settings", in the "Delivery Options" window, I've
Granted permission to the user and have the "Forwarding To:" address set to
their "Mail Contact" that goes to their Black Berry phone.

The user is getting the emails in question right away to their computer, but
the emails show up on their Black Berry, some times hours later.

I'm guessing the Black Berry service server is what's holding up the
delivery of the email and not my Exchange Server, but I can't see how to
prove this to the manager.

Should I be able to get this information from Microsoft Exchange "Message
Tracking"?

I seem to be able to filter for the "Sender", but I can't see how to filter
for the "Mail Contact"

Any help would be appreciated

Kelvin

On Monday, February 09, 2009 6:08 PM
Kelvin wrote:

[...]

On Monday, February 09, 2009 6:22 PM
Martin Blackstone [MVP] wrote:

You're doing it wrong. Forwarding is so 2000.
You're doing it wrong. Forwarding is so 2000. :)

If you are not going to use BES, use BIS.
Google your carrier name and BIS. For example Verizon BIS. Setup an account
on there, point it at your OWA box and let it pull the mails.

As for your specific question I really don't have an answer. I couldn't
imagine doing it that way.

"Kelvin" <someone(a)domain.com> wrote in message

On Monday, February 09, 2009 6:25 PM
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:

Re: How can I document (prove) that an email was sent and when it was sent?
Kelvin <someone(a)domain.com> wrote:

That's a pain. If you're going to have Blackberries, you should have BES. If
you can't have that, set him up to use his carrier's Blackberry Internet
Service (BIS) instead - this is a proxy to OWA. That way his sent items get
synced too.

Send him a test message. You can filter based on the sender, and it will
show you that it delivered the mail to his mailbox and also the provider's
mail server.

Seriously, forwards suck. You know you can get BES ("Professional") for
free, right? It's included. You would just need to buy additional licenses
if anyone else has a BB. This is much better than forwards or BIS.

On Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:29 PM
Kelvin wrote:

We are using BIS.
We are using BIS.
The down side I see to pulling emails is that when the users password
changes on the network, they then have to remember to change it on their
account at https://bis.na.blackberry.com

We have six BBs here, does that entitle us to six BES licenses? I'm under
the impression we're not.

Thanks for the feedback!

Kelvin

"Martin Blackstone [MVP]" <martinb(a)myrealbox.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:48 PM
Martin Blackstone [MVP] wrote:

Re: How can I document (prove) that an email was sent and when it was sent?
Inline...

True that. That's the downside of free solutions.

No you are not.

On Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:55 PM
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:

Re: How can I document (prove) that an email was sent and when it was sent?
Correct. However, all you have to buy is 5 licenses. You get one license for
Blackberry Professional included.

Transfer Session State From Classic ASP to ASP.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9278c9c2-c05a-4d52-ac02-436a9db5c402/transfer-session-state-fr.aspx

Pages: 1
Prev: Message limit
Next: Error 1023 source POP3SVC