From: Steve P Steve on
I am having intermittent (daily) problems with 'Editing Directly in Cells'.
After hitting the [F2] key to edit data in a cell, the edit bar cursor shows
in the cell correctly. But, when I use the arrow keys in jumps to the next
cell to the left as if I hit [Shift][Tab]. I do have the 'Edit Directly in
Cells' checked in Options-Edit. Turning it off and on does not make any
difference. I must use the mouse to select the text to edit. We tend to input
some status language at the end of the task name, so this would be a
productivity impact.

I have researched the web and came up with 2 individuals with exactly the
same problem I have:
http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Project/microsoft.public.project/2009-01/msg00339.html

I understood the answers, but they did not apply to my situation.

I have a brand new Dell Quad-Core and new install of MS Project Pro 2007. I
do still have Project 2000 loaded prior to the Project 2007 install.

My company has authorized and purchased Project 2007 to upgrade from Project
2000 (yeah, I know). It was very low on their priority. We are also
implementing Project Server. IT has only implemented a desktop-server pilot
for initial testing and development. Full Dev and Prod servers are to follow.
I was having this problem prior to connection to the Server. I am a veteran
project user since '96.

Thanks,

From: Trevor Rabey on
I just did a quick check in MSP2003 and MSP2007 and F2 drops me into the
cell and nothing except the Enter key or TAB key gets me out of it.
Left and right arrows move the cursor in the cell. Up/down arrows make the
computer beep at me.
I can't provide a solution but I can confirm that your expectation is OK.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955