From: Terry Pinnell on
I make the occasional brief WMV file using 'movie' mode of my digital
camera. These play on my PC. (BTW, I used to use WMP, but
re-associated WMV with IrfanView a while ago. I'm puzzled why IV
always seems oddly reluctant to start; it normally shows a blank
window, and only after arbitrary fiddling does a moving picture
begin.) Anyway, can anyone please recommend some simple-to-use
freeware that will let me perform some or all of these basic
operations on the WMV file please:

1) Change the orientation, i.e. from landscape to portrait or vice
versa

2) Remove unwanted sections, at least from start or beginning.

3) Edit the soundtrack

4) Convert the WMV to some more universal format like MPG.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
From: Michael Laplante on
If you're on Win XP, the free Windows Movie Maker uses WMV as its working
format.

Don't have a URL handy but a Google will turn it up easily. . .

From: Terry Pinnell on
Terry Pinnell <terrypin(a)dial.pipex.com> wrote:

>I make the occasional brief WMV file using 'movie' mode of my digital
>camera. These play on my PC. (BTW, I used to use WMP, but
>re-associated WMV with IrfanView a while ago. I'm puzzled why IV
>always seems oddly reluctant to start; it normally shows a blank
>window, and only after arbitrary fiddling does a moving picture
>begin.) Anyway, can anyone please recommend some simple-to-use
>freeware that will let me perform some or all of these basic
>operations on the WMV file please:
>
>1) Change the orientation, i.e. from landscape to portrait or vice
>versa
>
>2) Remove unwanted sections, at least from start or beginning.
>
>3) Edit the soundtrack
>
>4) Convert the WMV to some more universal format like MPG.

I was mistaken about the format of my digicam movies. They are MPG,
not WMV.

And I have now learned that the built-in Windows Movie Maker can
handle some of the above requirements. But my version, 1.1, is old.
Have posted separately about that.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
From: Kittie Spit on
Have a look over at www.videohelp.com and afterdawn.com for freeware
that might be able to help you do this.

You MIGHT be able to do some of this with something like VirtualDub,
[Don't think VDub will work with the formats you specify, tho].

Sorry, I don't have any specific recommendations.

From: Ed on
Kittie Spit wrote:
> Have a look over at www.videohelp.com and afterdawn.com for freeware
> that might be able to help you do this.
>
> You MIGHT be able to do some of this with something like VirtualDub,
> [Don't think VDub will work with the formats you specify, tho].
>
> Sorry, I don't have any specific recommendations.

Could you please quote the post you are replying to? At least quote that
part to which you reply. It gives continuity to the thread.

As it is, it is difficult to know who you are replying to or to what
question you are providing an answer.

Ed
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Coda Codec Pack install file locks up
Next: NewsReader