From: Tad McClellan on

[ Thank you for not top-posting ]

Jorge <awkster(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 20, 6:11 pm, Tad McClellan <ta...(a)seesig.invalid> wrote:
>> Jorge <awks...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > Yeah Uri and J gave the program a good going-over so I have plenty to
>> > look at there and now I can add your pointers to the list.
>>
>> [ snip TOFU. Please stop doing that! ]
>>
>> TOFU is "Top Over Fullquote Under" also known as "top posting".
>>
>> You were asked nicely (twice!) to stop doing that years ago,
>> yet you continue.
>>
>> I hereby banish you to perpetual invisibility!
>>
>> *plonk*
>>
>> --
>> Tad McClellan
>> email: perl -le "print scalar reverse qq/moc.liamg\100cm.j.dat/"
>> The above message is a Usenet post.
>> I don't recall having given anyone permission to use it on a Web site.

It is bad manners to quote .sigs too...

You really should learn how to post to Usenet if you plan
to post to Usenet...

http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nquote.html

Their purpose is to help avoid this sort of thing...

Here's what I said:

[ snip TOFU. Please stop doing that! ]

[ snip yet more TOFU. Please stop doing that before it is too late! ]

What was not nice about it?

I was trying to save you from getting killfiled.

I failed.

> but it has been 3 years
> since I posted and simply had forgotten about that incident.

Not top-posting is standard netiquette, the incident would never
have happened if you just deigned to post in the accepted manner
from the get-go.

> Sometimes
> sh*t happens.

Sometimes people are banished to eternal invisibility.

From: Jorge on
On May 21, 12:22 pm, Tad McClellan <ta...(a)seesig.invalid> wrote:
> [ Thank you for not top-posting ]
>

> Jorge <awks...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> [ snip TOFU. Please stop doing that! ]
>
> >> TOFU is "Top Over Fullquote Under" also known as "top posting".
>
> >> You were asked nicely (twice!) to stop doing that years ago,
> >> yet you continue.
>
> >> I hereby banish you to perpetual invisibility!
>
> >> *plonk*
>
> >> --
> >> Tad McClellan
> >> email: perl -le "print scalar reverse qq/moc.liamg\100cm.j.dat/"
> >> The above message is a Usenet post.
> >> I don't recall having given anyone permission to use it on a Web site.
>
> It is bad manners to quote .sigs too...
>
> You really should learn how to post to Usenet if you plan
> to post to Usenet...
>
>    http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nquote.html
>
> Have you seen the Posting Guidelines that are posted here frequently?
>
> Their purpose is to help avoid this sort of thing...
>
> > Yes I was warned (and IMO not in a nice way)
>
> Here's what I said:
>
>     [ snip TOFU. Please stop doing that! ]
>
>     [ snip yet more TOFU. Please stop doing that before it is too late! ]
>
> What was not nice about it?
>
> I was trying to save you from getting killfiled.
>
> I failed.
>
> > but it has been 3 years
> > since I posted and simply had forgotten about that incident.
>
> Not top-posting is standard netiquette, the incident would never
> have happened if you just deigned to post in the accepted manner
> from the get-go.
>
> > Sometimes
> > sh*t happens.
>
> Sometimes people are banished to eternal invisibility.
>
> --
> Tad McClellan
> email: perl -le "print scalar reverse qq/moc.liamg\100cm.j.dat/"
> The above message is a Usenet post.
> I don't recall having given anyone permission to use it on a Web site.- Hide quoted text -

I'm not so thinned-skinned that I can't take criticism. On the other
hand, the one comment years ago "before it's too late", came across as
a threat and an ambiguous one at that. If it was intended to
communicate the fact that I had violated the TOS (more than once) and
I was in jeopardy of being tombstoned ... then it should have been
worded as such and not left as an open-ended statement that left me
guessing what "or else" means.

Fast forward to today ... I have pled guilty and right here and now,
apologize to the forum for the disruption and promise to not top-post
again. There's not much more I can say or do.

Before banishing me to eternal invisibility, I should at least have
the chance to face the wheel.
From: sln on
On Fri, 21 May 2010 12:50:52 -0700 (PDT), Jorge <awkster(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Before banishing me to eternal invisibility, I should at least have
>the chance to face the wheel.

The Pit, The Pendulem
From: John Bokma on
Tad McClellan <tadmc(a)seesig.invalid> writes:

> Here's what I said:
>
> [ snip TOFU. Please stop doing that! ]
>
> [ snip yet more TOFU. Please stop doing that before it is too late! ]
>
> What was not nice about it?

Maybe you should stop addressing people like they are 3 year old? I've
mentioned this before but you really DO NOT HAVE TO POST.

Ah, well, there was a time I was a bit like you. I have grown up since,
so there is hope.

--
John Bokma j3b