From: Albretch Mueller on
I remember once I read some comments from Einstein himself in which
he somehow said that he could imagine what happen with space/time
through some weird play with his own fingers. Seriously. I am a
theoretical physicist myself and to me that was a very weird,
confusing and unpedagogical thing to hear, but I found it interesting
nevertheless. It is virtually impossible to search for: Einstein
fingers and get what you need

Do you know what I am talking about? Could you help get to the source
of it?

Thank you
lbrtchx
From: Androcles on

"Albretch Mueller" <lbrtchx(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I remember once I read some comments from Einstein himself in which
> he somehow said that he could imagine what happen with space/time
> through some weird play with his own fingers. Seriously. I am a
> theoretical physicist myself and to me that was a very weird,
> confusing and unpedagogical thing to hear, but I found it interesting
> nevertheless. It is virtually impossible to search for: Einstein
> fingers and get what you need
>
> Do you know what I am talking about? Could you help get to the source
> of it?
>
> Thank you
> lbrtchx

A lot of idiots wave their hands when spouting abject nonsense,
no reason for the crank Einstein to be any different.

From: Albretch Mueller on
On Nov 14, 8:42 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_q> wrote:
> A lot of idiots wave their hands when spouting abject nonsense,
> no reason for the crank Einstein to be any different.

no, really it was a comment like the one he made about "physics not
being able to explain the taste of the sup"

I am trying to find out exactly what he said

lbrtchx
From: Androcles on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvul3DC4l4E

From: John Jones on
Albretch Mueller wrote:
> I remember once I read some comments from Einstein himself in which
> he somehow said that he could imagine what happen with space/time
> through some weird play with his own fingers. Seriously. I am a
> theoretical physicist myself and to me that was a very weird,
> confusing and unpedagogical thing to hear, but I found it interesting
> nevertheless. It is virtually impossible to search for: Einstein
> fingers and get what you need
>
> Do you know what I am talking about? Could you help get to the source
> of it?
>
> Thank you
> lbrtchx

Yes. His fingers were dependent on his hand. The hand was the substrate
continuum and the fingers were its manifestations. Without the hand, no
fingers.