From: Rudy on

Hi All, I need a suggestion on how to make a good looking electrical
knockout hole in sheet metal. 7/8" in dia. Thanks.

Rudy

From: Krister_L on
On 31 Dec, 04:59, "Rudy" <rudyk...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi All, I need a suggestion on how to make a good looking electrical
> knockout hole in sheet metal. 7/8" in dia. Thanks.
>
> Rudy
> --

What is actually the problem?

// Krister
From: Rudy on

"Krister_L" <krister_landkvist(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 31 Dec, 04:59, "Rudy" <rudyk...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>> Hi All, I need a suggestion on how to make a good looking electrical
>> knockout hole in sheet metal. 7/8" in dia. Thanks.
>>
>> Rudy
>> --
>
> What is actually the problem?
>
> // Krister

There is no problem. Just wanted something simple and realistic looking
without a lot of time wasted. I made a block with a 1/64" wide cutout and
left two spots intact. It looks fine.

Rudy

From: kenneth on
use a forming tool for a more realistic effect.

From: Rudy on

> Hi All, I need a suggestion on how to make a good looking electrical
> knockout hole in sheet metal. 7/8" in dia. Thanks.
>
> Rudy
> --
>
>After much experimentation I made a form tool which pushes the 7/8" blank
>.010 below the surface and .010 out the other side. It also has the snap
>off lugs on it. Looks good. I was mistaken and thought the tool had to be
>thicker than the sheet metal and all it was doing was cutting a hole thru
>the sheet.

Thanks
Rudy