From: Eric on
Unfortunately MS has eliminated Emacs emulation from VS2010. (Not sure
why, as many programmers don't like changing hand position to reach
for cursor keys. And others need to program on multiple platforms,
including Unix.)

Are there any good plugins to restore Emacs key mapping?
From: Mihajlo Cvetanović on
On 6/23/2010 8:25 AM, Eric wrote:
> Unfortunately MS has eliminated Emacs emulation from VS2010. (Not sure
> why, as many programmers don't like changing hand position to reach
> for cursor keys. And others need to program on multiple platforms,
> including Unix.)
>
> Are there any good plugins to restore Emacs key mapping?

Maybe vsk files are compatible. Copy Emacs.vsk file found in
$(VSInstallDir)Common7\IDE from old VS to new, and you might get lucky.
From: Eric on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:30:50 +0200, Mihajlo Cvetanovi?
<mcvetanovic(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On 6/23/2010 8:25 AM, Eric wrote:
>> Unfortunately MS has eliminated Emacs emulation from VS2010. (Not sure
>> why, as many programmers don't like changing hand position to reach
>> for cursor keys. And others need to program on multiple platforms,
>> including Unix.)
>>
>> Are there any good plugins to restore Emacs key mapping?
>
>Maybe vsk files are compatible. Copy Emacs.vsk file found in
>$(VSInstallDir)Common7\IDE from old VS to new, and you might get lucky.

Thanks for your reply, Mihaljo. Not sure that would work, especially
given that the previous Emacs emulation had bugs that needed to be
corrected by macros.

On the upside though, I've found a program called Xkeymacs that
intercepts and changes keystrokes before they get to target programs.
Seems very cool so far, with a lot more functionality under the
fingers compared to the (rather retarded IMO) stock VS2010 editor.

I'd still love to see a buil-in Emacs key-mapper, but at least this is
a decent alternative.