From: Joe Mancuso on
Is the description below by design or is something else going on?

We are in a LAB setting running in Exchange 2003/2007 mixed mode, have a
single AD2003 DC in native mode, and we have two email policies; CONTACTS &
DEFAULT. The email stamping policies have been converted from RUS to EAP.
Depending on the server/tools used, the email address policy will or will not
automatically stamp addresses.

- NO stamping if contact or user is created using 2003 DC via ADUC;
Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy is
unchecked when viewing in E2K7 console however it shows checked in the 2003
ADUC.
- NO stamping if contact or user is created using E2K3 server
- OK stamping if contact or user is created using E2K7 server

For accounts with NO stamping occurring, the auto-update email addressing is
enabled. If we go on the HUB transport, get into the address policy and
apply the policy manually, the contacts & users are updated properly.

It seems that the 2003 DC ADUC & E2K3 server do not understand the email
policies since they were migrated from RUS to EAP. We are looking to
understand how this should work by design.

--
Joe Mancuso
University of Md, Baltimore