From: Charles Harkness on
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 that I have been unable to fix. the
problem is that Outlook 2007 crashes randomly and often. The Office
Diagnostic program finds nothing wrong and all of the add-ons have been
disabled. The only other recommendations I have found is to uninstall
Outlook and reinstall Outlook. I have decided to use Windows Live Mail
since I plan to migrate to Windows 7 in the near future and Outlook is not
part of Windows 7. I have thus far exported Outlook contacts to WLM without
a problem, but I have not found a way to export my email messages from
Outlook to WLM. Anyone have a suggestion?

Charles

From: DL on
Outlook was never part of any version of windows
Uninstall/Reinstall is unlikely to cure anything. You could try creating a
new Outlook Profile

In WLM import mail from Exchange (Outlook)

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:57:31 -0400, "Charles Harkness"
<c.harkness(a)verizon.net> wrote:

> I have a problem with Outlook 2007 that I have been unable to fix. the
> problem is that Outlook 2007 crashes randomly and often. The Office
> Diagnostic program finds nothing wrong and all of the add-ons have been
> disabled. The only other recommendations I have found is to uninstall
> Outlook and reinstall Outlook. I have decided to use Windows Live Mail
> since I plan to migrate to Windows 7 in the near future and Outlook is not
> part of Windows 7.

Right, Outlook is not part of Windows 7, nor is it a part of any other
version of Windows. It's sold both by itself and as part of Microsoft
Office. If your computer, running an older version of Windows, came
with Outlook, it was because your vendor bundled it into the package
you bought, not because it was part of Windows.

Windows Live Mail is also not part of Windows 7, nor of any other
version of Windows. But it can be downloaded for free.

Which you use, Outlook or Windows Live Mail, is of course entirely up
to you, but I strongly recommend that you stick with Outlook
(reinstalling it if necessary). In my view, it is very much better
than Windows Live Mail, a program that I don't like at all.

> I have thus far exported Outlook contacts to WLM without
> a problem, but I have not found a way to export my email messages from
> Outlook to WLM. Anyone have a suggestion?
>
> Charles

Please Reply to the Newsgroup