From: AG on
Can SSRS reports be sent via email, in the body of the email?
Examples and/or links would be appreciated.

This does not refer to subscriptions.

I need to upload a file (probably an Access database) containing invoice
data for multiple customers and email each their invoice.
My thought was to build an ASP.NET web app to accept the file, place it in
the appropriate folder and use it for the source of an SSRS report, then
email to the appropriate customers.
I know how to generate a PDF from SSRS, but client would like to have the
invoice in the body of the email rather than an attachment.

--

AG
Email: npATadhdataDOTcom

From: "Charles Wang [MSFT]" on
Hi AG,
Yes, you can configure a SSRS subscription to deliver a report by e-mail.
The following articles will give you detail information:
How to Configure Report Subscriptions in SQL Reporting Services
E-Mail Delivery in Reporting Services

Best regards,
Charles Wang

From: AG on
Charles,

I specified in my original post that I was NOT referring to subscriptions.

--

AG
Email: npATadhdataDOTcom

From: "Charles Wang [MSFT]" on
AG,
For development purpose, you can use SSRS Web Services to render your
report in HTML format and then send the content via email with HTML body.
You can refer to the following article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.wssux.reportingservicesweb
service.rsexecutionservice2005.reportexecutionservice.render(v=SQL.90).aspx

Best regards,
Charles Wang

From: AG on
Thank you.