From: David Gondek on
I transferred my email messages and contacts from Outlook Express on Windows
XP to Outlook. When this didn't preserve my folder structure I tried
transferring to Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. All of the information
transferred but NONE of the folders.

I had all my contacts divided up into appropriate folders and the same for
my email messages.

Is there a way to transfer this information and maintain the folder
structure I created?

Thanks.

From: Bruce Hagen on
I've never used Outlook, so I my not be of much help, but if I had 50
folders in OE that lost their structure, I could drag them all back where
they belong in a few minutes. Can you not do this in Outlook? Maybe you
could get a hint from that forum.

MS Outlook newsgroups:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: David Gondek on
Thanks for the response Bruce. The folder structure for my contacts is
still intact in Outlook Express (Windows Address Book) but when I transfer
the contacts to Windows Live Mail (or Outlook 2010) it transfers the
contacts but they are no longer in the dozens of different folders I had
them in.

Is there some step I could be missing?

From: Peter Foldes on
Bruce

Those newsgroups are all gone as of June 06

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Bruce Hagen on
Thanks, Peter. I didn't even think to check Outlook. Didn't think that
would be first to go.

@"David Gondek". If you need Outlook Assistance, you'll need to go here
now.

Microsoft Office Outlook Forums