From: Jack Leach dymondjack at hot mail dot on
countofchecks = DCount("[checkboxfield]", "TableForSubform",
("[CheckboxField] = Yes") And ("[Linkingidfield] = " & idOfMainForm))

oops... sorry, didn't catch the quote/parenthese syntax error. You have the
parentheses of the where clause (and the AND) outside the quotes... they need
to be part of the string.

countofchecks = DCount("[checkboxfield]", "TableForSubform",
"([CheckboxField] = True) AND ([Linkingidfield] = " & ifofmainform & ")")

that should do...
--
Jack Leach
www.tristatemachine.com

"I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
-Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

From: toby131 on
Thank you so much for all of your help Jack. The new functionality is
working great!

From: Jack Leach dymondjack at hot mail dot on
glad to help