From: Gustaf on
Hello,

I'm trying to find out how to send and receieve email from VB6. I'll build the simplest possible test program able to

1. recieve mail from an IMAP server
2. extract the subject line
3. check MIME type of attachment
4. read attachment to file
5. move messages around between folders on the IMAP server
6. send email with attachments

I imagine already made a library for this, but can't find one in the References dialog. The server used will be Exchange Server, but I guess this shouldn't matter, because IMAP and SMTP are standards, right? And pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Gustaf
From: Dee Earley on
On 25/05/2010 10:40, Gustaf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to find out how to send and receieve email from VB6. I'll
> build the simplest possible test program able to
>
> 1. recieve mail from an IMAP server
> 2. extract the subject line
> 3. check MIME type of attachment
> 4. read attachment to file
> 5. move messages around between folders on the IMAP server
> 6. send email with attachments
>
> I imagine already made a library for this, but can't find one in the
> References dialog. The server used will be Exchange Server, but I guess
> this shouldn't matter, because IMAP and SMTP are standards, right? And
> pointers would be greatly appreciated.

The RFCs primarily :)
I don't know if any prebuilt IMAP libraries without automating a full
client like Outlook connected to said server.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Mayayana on
There's code around to do everything except
#5 with SMTP. I don't know from IMAP.

From: Jason Keats on

http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/rdo/default.htm