From: Jim Madsen on
When sending a print job to a printer, how does one send an "escape
sequence", to access the fonts installed on the printer itself?
From: dpb on
Jim Madsen wrote:
> When sending a print job to a printer, how does one send an "escape
> sequence", to access the fonts installed on the printer itself?

Embed the proper escape sequence characters in a string and PRINT should
do it...

From: dpb on
dpb wrote:
> Jim Madsen wrote:
>> When sending a print job to a printer, how does one send an "escape
>> sequence", to access the fonts installed on the printer itself?
>
> Embed the proper escape sequence characters in a string and PRINT should
> do it...

OBTW, altho I've not had need for ages, years ago when was basically the
only control mechanism I built a set of name parameter string constants
that matched the typical functionality available of common printers.
Then simply updating a data file that set the proper sequence was all
that was needed to switch. HP PCL and various other vendor sequences
were fixed for same function across printers that used the particular
control sequence.

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Jim Madsen" <justme(a)nobody.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> When sending a print job to a printer, how does one send an "escape sequence",
> to access the fonts installed on the printer itself?

Jim,

Why use escape sequences at all?
How about setting the Printer.Font.Name directly in your code?
If you don't know the names of the built-in printer fonts, the
printer driver does. Iterate the fonts collection of the Printer
object to get the names. Fonts which aren't members of the
Screen.Fonts collection would be built-in fonts of the Printer.

BTW, I faintly remember a KB article about bypassing the
Printer object to send Escape Sequences to the printer.

Helmut.

From: Phil Hunt on
like Open Printer.Port For Output Access Write As 1
Print #1, ESCString