From: Bruce Hagen on

"Robert Lee" <RobertLee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The forum for Outlook 2007 has an empty window pane. I spent a half
> hours in
> a chat with a Microsoft person, who visited the forum and also saw no
> threads. (The same is true for the Excel forum.)
>
> Is there someone I can bring this to the attention of. Here's the
> address
> for the forum:
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

Newsgroups removed as of June 1, 2010
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2010/06/05/closin-the-nntp.aspx

You can still access the groups on some non-MS servers such as Eternal
September, but how long the quality of questions and replies lasts is
unknown.

Eternal September
http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html

The replacement forums.

Microsoft Answers - First Time Users
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Bob I on
You are posting to the XP general newsgroup, that is where you posted
your question and that is where I answered it. If you want to ask about
Office, post where I indicated, and view others questions there.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
MS has discontinued Outlook & Excel newsgroups.

You will find continuing support for Outlook in these web-forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeoutlook

Excel: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeexcel

That being said, OL General is still available via Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/topics

From: Robert Lee on
I signed in and submitted a question. But there was only a box for
submitting a question. There was no way of seeing other peoples' posts or
answers to my post. Would you mind going to the website and seeing if I am
correct.

From: Bob I on
I've already been there. They aren't forums. They are/were merely web
based interfaces to the newsgroups, and those newsgroups no longer exist
on the ms newsserver. Since the group is gone, your submitted question
went in the bit bucket. Use the link I provided, if you want to post
questions to the forums.

Robert Lee wrote:

> I signed in and submitted a question. But there was only a box for
> submitting a question. There was no way of seeing other peoples' posts or
> answers to my post. Would you mind going to the website and seeing if I am
> correct.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>You are posting to the XP general newsgroup, that is where you posted
>>your question and that is where I answered it. If you want to ask about
>>Office, post where I indicated, and view others questions there.
>>
>>Robert Lee wrote:
>>
>>>But who is seeing my question? And how can I see other peoples' questions?

>>.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: SP 3 doubts