From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Andreas Prilop wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>
>> You are mistaken.
>
>> Wrong.
>
> Sorry, the five minutes is up.

I have just told you a real example where your thesis does not apply.

Figures, though, that you would quotemarder it.

Score adjusted

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)
From: Jukka K. Korpela on
Swifty wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:15:48 +0300, "Jukka K. Korpela"
> <jkorpela(a)cs.tut.fi> wrote:
>
>> I thinks this is an issue with Opera. I've mostly lost interest in
>> it when they removed the simple and nice toggling between author
>> mode and user mode.
[...]
> I have a button that does that toggling. Was there something simpler
> and nicer?

Well, maybe a keyboard shortcut... but my point was that I had been used to
a button that toggles between document mode and user mode, and then in some
version the button had disappeared. I know it could probably be restored,
but I wasn't interested enough.

In stylesheet development, I'm more interested in using Firefox where I can
switch document stylesheets off via menus and, more importantly, where Web
Developer Extension lets me switch off stylesheets selectively, edit
stylesheets on the fly, view element's CSS properties (though not always
perfectly), run W3C Validator easily, etc.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

From: dorayme on
In article <1532815.eGttiIbC2p(a)PointedEars.de>,
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:

> Andreas Prilop wrote:

> Score adjusted
>
> PointedEars

But adjusted before the usual earish incompetent signature and
that is like not taking into account the penalty goal in extra
time.

--
dorayme
From: Eric Bednarz on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars(a)web.de> writes:

> Andreas Prilop wrote:

>>> *Your* Internet Explorer maybe.
>>
>> Versions 5, 6, 7. I haven't checked version 8 yet for this case.
>
> You are mistaken.

>>> That does not mean anything. Internet Explorer allows the user to
>>> select at least the "Web page font" (proportional font) and the "Plain
>>> text font" (fixed-width font).
>>
>> That doesn't matter at all for Internet Explorer at least until v. 7.
>
> Yes, it does in my IE 6.0.2800.1106.
>
>> Internet Explorer <= 7 takes Times New Roman for "serif" and Courier New
>> for "monospace", no matter what you have selected.

Same in IE8 on Windows XP. But, IE8 on Windows 7 uses something
different for 'serif'. Anybody happens to know what that is? It doesn't
use cleartype rendering (!) for font-sizes that aren't really big or
really small.

> Wrong.

Welcome to c.i.w.a.s. where 'serif' really means 'font-family:serif',
and so on. Of course you can prevent the MSIE defaults with the IE
accessibility options if you feel argumentative (currentStyle.fontFamily
would still be 'serif', though; maybe you should read the c.l.javascript
FAQ :-).
From: Albert Ross on
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:58:34 +0300, "Jukka K. Korpela"
<jkorpela(a)cs.tut.fi> wrote:

>Swifty wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:15:48 +0300, "Jukka K. Korpela"
>> <jkorpela(a)cs.tut.fi> wrote:
>>
>>> I thinks this is an issue with Opera. I've mostly lost interest in
>>> it when they removed the simple and nice toggling between author
>>> mode and user mode.
>[...]
>> I have a button that does that toggling. Was there something simpler
>> and nicer?
>
>Well, maybe a keyboard shortcut... but my point was that I had been used to
>a button that toggles between document mode and user mode, and then in some
>version the button had disappeared. I know it could probably be restored,
>but I wasn't interested enough.
>
>In stylesheet development, I'm more interested in using Firefox where I can
>switch document stylesheets off via menus and, more importantly, where Web
>Developer Extension lets me switch off stylesheets selectively, edit
>stylesheets on the fly, view element's CSS properties (though not always
>perfectly), run W3C Validator easily, etc.

And Firebug

(and Noscript)