From: JB on
Hi All,

I want to dynamically change the Application.EnableVisualStyles flag.
I have an application that uses a startup form (.Net Framework 2.0)
and if I set the EnableVisualStyles in the Application.Startup event
it doesn't work.
The only way it works is if I set this flag at design time in the
Application properties.
Any suggestions on how I can change this flag dynamically without
using Sub Main()?

Thanks
JB
From: Armin Zingler on
Am 02.06.2010 00:39, schrieb Armin Zingler:
> ... in addition, conditionally call
> System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles().

I mean, call it from the Application.Startup event handler.

--
Armin
From: JB on
On 1 June, 15:54, Armin Zingler <az.nos...(a)freenet.de> wrote:
> Am 02.06.2010 00:39, schrieb Armin Zingler:
>
> > ... in addition, conditionally call
> > System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles().
>
> I mean, call it from the Application.Startup event handler.
>
> --
> Armin

Hi Armin,

That's what I do. I call
System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles() from the
Application.Startup. And it doesn't work.

JB
From: Armin Zingler on
Am 02.06.2010 01:53, schrieb JB:
> On 1 June, 15:54, Armin Zingler <az.nos...(a)freenet.de> wrote:
>> Am 02.06.2010 00:39, schrieb Armin Zingler:
>>
>>> ... in addition, conditionally call
>>> System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles().
>>
>> I mean, call it from the Application.Startup event handler.
>>

> That's what I do.

Ok. You wrote "Application.EnableVisualStyles flag". Therefore I thought
you meant

Application.EnableVisualStyles = True/False

which sets the property
Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.EnableVisualStyles.

> I call
> System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles() from the
> Application.Startup. And it doesn't work.

I've tried it and it did work. Don't know what's different.
I haven't tried it with a Splash Screen. .... Now I did but it doesn't
make a difference.

--
Armin
From: JB on
On 1 June, 18:24, Armin Zingler <az.nos...(a)freenet.de> wrote:
> Am 02.06.2010 01:53, schrieb JB:

> >> I mean, call it from the Application.Startup event handler.
>
> > That's what I do.
>
> Ok. You wrote "Application.EnableVisualStyles flag". Therefore I thought
> you meant
>
>         Application.EnableVisualStyles = True/False
>
> which sets the property
> Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.EnableVisualStyles.
>
> > I call
> > System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles() from the
> > Application.Startup. And it doesn't work.
>
> I've tried it and it did work. Don't know what's different.
> I haven't tried it with a Splash Screen. .... Now I did but it doesn't
> make a difference.
>
> --
> Armin

Hi Armin,

Sorry my mistake, I didn't read your post correctly.
I used System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles() as you
suggested and it works perfectly.

Thank you very much.
JB