From: Muhammad Bilal on
Hi
How to enable XP_CmdShell in SQL Server 2000 as I ran the following script
to enable

EXEC MASTER.dbo.SP_CONFIGURE 'Show Advanced Options', 1
RECONFIGURE
EXEC MASTER.dbo.SP_CONFIGURE 'XP_CmdShell', 1
RECONFIGURE

But I get the following error message
Server: Msg 15123, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_configure, Line 78
The configuration option 'XP_CmdShell' does not exist, or it may be an
advanced option.

Regards,
Muhammad Bilal

From: Erland Sommarskog on
Muhammad Bilal (MuhammadBilal(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> How to enable XP_CmdShell in SQL Server 2000 as I ran the following script
> to enable
>
> EXEC MASTER.dbo.SP_CONFIGURE 'Show Advanced Options', 1
> RECONFIGURE
> EXEC MASTER.dbo.SP_CONFIGURE 'XP_CmdShell', 1
> RECONFIGURE
>
> But I get the following error message
> Server: Msg 15123, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_configure, Line 78
> The configuration option 'XP_CmdShell' does not exist, or it may be an
> advanced option.

xp_cmdshell cannot be disabled in SQL 2000, so you don't need to enable it.

Links for SQL Server Books Online: