From: ThatsIT.net.au on
The query below does not work, if I take out line 2 it works and gives me
the full table, but when I try to select only those with a coutryId of 1 it
gives this error

LINQ to Entities does not recognize the method 'System.Object
CompareObjectEqual(System.Object, System.Object, Boolean)' method, and this
method cannot be translated into a store expression.

My experience tell me this is a problem with passing the wrong datatype, but
CountryId is an integer and even if I change it to a number 1 it still give
the same error.

any ideas?

Dim Q As ObjectQuery(Of emState) = CType((From c In em.emStateSet _
Where
c.CountryReference.EntityKey.EntityKeyValues.First.Value = CountryId
Select c),
ObjectQuery(Of emState))

From: ThatsIT.net.au on
silly me

I dug up my lats effort in linq to entities and what i should of had was

Using em As ThatsBookingEntities = New ThatsBookingEntities
Dim Q As ObjectQuery(Of emState) = CType((From c In
em.emStateSet _
Where
c.Country.CountryId = CountryId _
Select c),