From: Jamen Lone on
Hi all,

I'm using XL2003 vba with WIN7 professional and my old vba code won't work.

i create in XP some code lines to read out the user which is log on.
now i want to do the same with win7 prof 64bit
can someone give me hints ??

thanks in advance

From: joel on

I haven't usered windows 7 but you need to check the envirnomental
variables on you PC to see what they are set to. You are able to do
this in XP and Vista by running cmd.exe. Not sure if cmd.exe still
exists in windows 7 since microsoft eliminated lots of 16 and 32 bit
programs in windows 7. cmd.exe in a classic DOS shell that dates back
to the early 1980's. the first DOS PC had command.com which was the
window which would open up on these old machines. Then command.com was
replaced with cmd.exe. then the DOS shells were replaced with windows
3.0/3.1 (the windows versions less than 3 weren't widely used) and
Window 95.

IN XP it was simple to run cmd.exe you simply went to the menu Start -
run and typed cmd.exe. In vista microsoft made it more difficult and
you had to do a search by typing Start - Search and in the search box
type cmd.exe. Cmd.exe was really in the windows/system32 folder and
could simply go to the folder with a windows explorer and double click
on the ICON.

If you find cmd.exe then simply type in the DOS window "SET" at the
prompt and you will see all the environmental variables.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

From: Per Jessen on
Hi

I am using WIN7 Home Premium 64 bit and XL2007.

In the Immediate window I entered the statement:

debug.Print environ("Username")

and it prompted my username as expected, so I guess you have to look
somewhere else to solve the problem.

Post your code for further comments, along with an error description and
state the line which is highlighted when you click debug.

Regards,
Per

From: Gary Keramidas on
works fine in any combination of the following for me:
windows 7 ultimate x64
windows 7 pro x64
excel 2003
excel 2007
excel 2010

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

From: Jamen Lone on
Thanks .. problem is solved by changing the environmental variables :-)