From: Sean Crosby on

> On 07/12/2010 08:09 AM, Thorsten Leiser wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to connect my W2k8 (x64) Server farm to our new installed
> >> printserver based on debian lenny with sernet samba 3.5.4 installed.
> >> Everytime i try to connect to a printer share via point and print, it
> >> fails with error 0x000003e6.
> >> When i do the same from Windows XP or from our old w2k3 (x64) server
> >> farm everything works excellent.
> >> Does anybody know a workaround. I installed nearly 80 printers on the
> >> samba server and i don't want to do this again.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Thorsten
> >>

> --

Hi Thorsten,

I had the same problem as you with a 2k8R2 server, and I fixed it by
changing the version of pscript5.dll (and the other ps* files) on my samba
server (in /usr/share/cups/drivers/x64). I was using the Win7/Vista 64bit
pscript5.dll file, but I had to change it to the version shipped with 2k8
64bit. Once I did that, the problems disappeared (and the driver still works
win Win7 64bit and Vista 64bit).

Sean