From: Bruce Kovacs on
I am running Windows XP Professional SP 3.

I am getting Error 0x8024D007 when attempting to use Microsoft Update. I
have already reviewed a number of the questions posted here and have done the
following:

Article ID: 956701 - Performed Method 1: Register the Windows Update files

Article ID: 943144 - Performed Method 1: Register the Wups2.dll file in
Windows

Article ID: 949104 - Downloaded file windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe

When I run windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe, I still get error 0x8024D007. Any
other suggestions?
From: MowGreen on
Bruce,

0x8024D007 WU_E_SETUP_REGISTRATION_FAILED
Windows Update Agent could not be updated because regsvr32.exe returned
an error.

Go here and click the Fixit button:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

When you're prompted to run or save the file, choose *save*.
Once MicrosoftFixit50202.msi finishes downloading, close all open
programs and browsers.

With the system connected to the internet, run MicrosoftFixit50202.msi
and choose the Aggressive mode. All of the operations it carries out are
listed in the KB article under " Let me fix it myself " heading.
The regsvr32 error referred to in the error explanation could be caused
by improper Permissions, which will be reset to their Default settings
when the Fixit is run, amongst other possible causes. One of those
causes may be due to malware. Please note the word may.

When the Fixit is done running you should be prompted to restart the
system. Do so even if not prompted to.

Did that resolve the error ?

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

From: Bruce Kovacs on
No, I am sorry to say that this suggestion did not fix the problem.
Everything appeared to run OK, and I restarted the computer. I went to
Microsoft Update and was again presented with the "Update Windows" button. I
clicked that and the computer went through the Downloading, Copying, and
Registering series. Just after “Registering 100%” appeared, I again received
the Error 0x8024D007 notification.

From: Bruce Kovacs on

From: Bruce Kovacs on