From: Dominic Cadorette on
Hi All,
I have a Windows 2000 native domain with an Exchange 2K and a new Exchange
2K3. I'm currently moving mailbox to my E2K3 server. I have currently moved
about 5 of my 25 mailbox. The last one I moved, I received a success result,
but this event fills up my application log.
------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
Event Category: Logons
Event ID: 1022
Date: 2005-02-22
Time: 09:28:00
User: N/A
Computer: serverE2K3
Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (serverE2K3)" -
Windows 2000 account DOMAIN\User1; mailbox /o=Integrim/ou=First
Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user1.
Error: 1144

----------
However, the user didn't try to log on Outlook during the moving process.
After the move, I tried to log on with Outlook, I received the generic error
saying it was impossible to open folder. I tried with OWA, but the page
timed-out. I synchronized all my DCs and tried again, without success.
Without reason, it finaly works, but I haven't make anything more. I didn't
see any error in my DCs or Exchange server event logs.
Does someone have an idea about this?
Thanks all for your help.
Dominic Cadorette
From: Kirill S. Palagin on
Any help from
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=Logon+Failure+on+database&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=PHRASE&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=9&mode=a&x=14&y=7

specifically
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782

From: Dominic Cadorette on
Thank you Kirill for your answer. However, I had already seen these articles
and it doesn't apply to me. Since I have moved some other mailboxes today
withtout this error, I just think it was because my DCs weren't synchronized
when I logged on to Outlook. Just to be sure, after moving one or more
mailbox, I synchronize my DCs before logging on to Outlook.

Dominic

From: Padraig D on
Hi Dominic,

We are getting the exact same problem. Is this expected MS behaviour?

For 'synchronising' DCs, what specifically did you do? Is it AD
sites-services - Server - NTDS settings - replicate now?

Thanks,
Padraig.