From: Colin M. McGroarty on
I'm receiving the following error message on messages sent to certain email
domains:

Doe, John on 6/6/2005 2:29 AM
Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or
contact your administrator.
<servername.sub.corp.domain.org #4.4.7>

This is an Exchange Server 2003 environment. With the exception of some
specific domains all outbound email is functioning. I've found the
following information on Microsoft's site with regard to the error:

Numeric Code: 4.4.7

Possible Cause: The message in the queue has expired. The sending server
tried to relay or deliver the message, but the action was not completed
before the message expiration time occurred. This NDR may also indicate that
a message header limit has been reached on a remote server or that some
other protocol timeout occurred during communication with the remote server.
Troubleshooting: This code typically indicates an issue on the receiving
server. Verify the validity of the recipient address, and verify that the
receiving server is configured to receive messages correctly. You may have
to reduce the number of recipients in the header of the message for the host
that you are receiving this NDR from. If you resend the message, it is
placed in the queue again. If the receiving server is on line, the message
is delivered.

The failing messages are being sent from: yyy.company.com business unit in
Chicago to: zzz.company.com business unit in Denver. DNS resolution is
handled internally.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kind Regards,

--
Colin M. McGroarty, MCSE, MCP+I, NT-CIP
2004 Microsoft MVP, Windows Server - General

From: Shai Netanel on
Hi

The explanation for this issue is:
The user sent an e-mail to specific recipient, the message going to the
queue and waiting to deliver,
If the exchange server dont find the destination exchange server,
He replies the message to the sender with this error.
It can occur if the domain not exists, if the destination server not
available or if there is a DNS problem (the problem not must be in your side&)