From: kyle on
I have not been able to sign into anything Windows (hotmail, messenger, web
messenger etc) for almost a month. I have contacted support about 4 times
and have received no results.

When I sign into hotmail, it says "I've tried to sign in too many times with
an incorrect password, or someone else is trying to sign into this account"

I am able to change my password successfully so that would rule out me
typing in the wrong password or someone hacking my account.

When I sign in to messenger, I get error message 80048823 saying my Windows
Live ID does not exist or is incorrect.

If I can change my password still, I would think my ID exists still, right?

Other messenger addresses work fine so I don't think it has anything to do
with my computer's settings. But to be sure I have deleted cookies,
history,and temp files. I have clicked "forget me" on the sign in screen. I
have lowered my security settings, accepted all cookies, and disabled my
firewall. I have deleted the stored automatic sign-in with controlkeygr.dll.
I have confrimed time/date settings on my pc.

I have used the follwing commands to remove any old files that may cause
conflict

cd %allusersprofile%\application data\microsoft\identitycrl\*.*
del *.dll

cd %appdata%\microsoft\identitycrl\*.*
del *.dll

I have ran these too:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll

I am using IE 7 and have tried every version of messenger from 8.1 all the
way down to 5.0 with no luck at all.

This is really frustrating as I need to access some emails and contacts. If
I can't find help here, I don't know what to do

Thanks for listening

From: Frantz Dhin on
Hello Kyle,

Try to check if you have any proxy set in your IE settings, and remove it.
However, most of all I think you need to try from another computer and
another network for troubleshooting purposes. Don't you have a family
member or colleague or friend locally with a computer?

Best regards
Frantz Dhin

From: kyle on
I tried the proxy thing but to no avail. I forgot to mention I have tried
this on 2 other computers and nothing has worked

From: Ñañaña. on
It just happens the same to me, although sometimes it fixes because of ..
don't know why, as i haven't changed a thing, but the worst of all is that
other people can log into their accounts, but i can't into mine. I'm sending
this sms from a mates account.

But, sometimes i can log into these accounts. The worst thing is that i've
tried like 5 different accounts, and non of them work, any help out?
From: mike on
I'm having the same problem, only I know what my problem is. There's people
that will use flooders to constantly sign into your account, making msn think
that it's a hacking attempt, and it will lock, and they will keep trying to
sign in over and over, therefore locking your account. I'm having the same
problem right now and not liking it. Perhaps msn could figure out a way to
check by sign ins per ip? That would be nice....