From: Nicklas on
Hello, when i try to install the Service pack 1 on my computer, it stops at
58% or so and says Failed "Code 8024200D"..

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Are you attempting to install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually?

=> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 [may not be] available for installation from
Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343

=> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
available at no charge through 18 Mar-09

• US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

From: Nicklas on
I've tried to install it from Windows update and manually. It comes up with
the same error

From: TaurArian on
Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb968859.aspx

Error Code 0x8024200D is:
SUS_E_UH_NEEDANOTHERDOWNLOAD
The installer requires more data to be downloaded

You state you have tried Windows Update and also manually to install the
update. So it is safe to assume you have been offered SP1 via Windows
Update.

Where are you downloading the full file from to do the manual update?

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 434.5 MB
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b0c7136d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674&DisplayLang=en
Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size: 726.5MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=874A414B-32B2-41CC-BD8B-D71EDA5EC07C&displaylang=en
Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - All Language Standalone DVD ISO
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a45652b1-e838-420a-b065-83960458e2ec
6001.18000.080118-1840_iso_client_sp_wave1-FRMCSP1_DVD.iso - 1418.1 MB

Otherwise open up a support ticket as suggested by PA Bear.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Open a free support incident, Nicklas.

0x8024200D SUS_E_UH_NEEDANOTHERDOWNLOAD
The installer requires more data to be downloaded

What you should know before you install Service Pack 1:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330