From: nycman on
Do you have any idea what the word you used -- "ingratiated" -- means?
Apparently not. You used it exactly the opposite of the way I think you
wanted to. Plase check "ww.dictionary.com" before using words of more than
one syllable.
--
nycman

From: Shenan Stanley on
nycman wrote:
> Do you have any idea what the word you used -- "ingratiated" --
> means? Apparently not. You used it exactly the opposite of the way
> I think you wanted to. Plase check "ww.dictionary.com" before
> using words of more than one syllable.

"Sarcasm", feel free to take your own advice and look that one up.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Shenan Stanley on
<snipped>
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/71e11c5e446507f5?q=Office+2003+SP+3+Install+failure+author:uwe

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> "Sarcasm", feel free to take your own advice and look that one up.

<inquisitive mode>
What is it with people digging up posts over 12 months old and replying to
them with nothing useful to add? What exactly does this accomplish? Is it
a hope that since the post is likely no longer monitored, they can post
whatever they desire without consequences or is it they just conveniently
miss the age of the conversation they are responding to?

You have to give them credit though... It takes effort and much free time to
read really old newsgroup postings and then choose to respond to them
without much reason other than self-serving antagonistic desire.

Well - no you don't - but seemingly that gives them purpose. A goal is a
goal. I guess everyone needs a hobby.
</inquisitive mode>

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Uwe on
FINALLY!

After a year of being bugged by this, the fix (found through many, many
hours of trial and error) is easy. Just delete the %temp%\OHotfix folder
content just prior to Office 2003 SP3 update, and all worked well
immediately. Now I am wondering why not a single MS-MVP ever stumbled across
this, or cared to share, whichever it may be.

With that I can finally kiss Good Bye to the extremely nagging hint that an
update is available, through Windows Update, and through OneCare. I'll sleep
better now, too.

Uwe

From: David on
None of these suggestions worked for me. It Office 2003 is still a supported
application and Microsoft has no fix is there a way to simply get my money
back for the cost of Office 2003?

"debi" wrote:

> I had this exact same problem. Believe it or not, you can install Office
> 2003 SP3 by installing Office 2003 SP2 first! My specific errors were prior
> to the installation of SP2 were:
>
> PCW_CAB_H15000_1 is corrupt or cannot be used
> error 1335
>

> I think my install log had a 1603 error as well. Sorry I didn't take notes.
> BUT I suggest you do this before any of the more involved and complicated
> methods of troubleshooting. I f I had done this at first, I would have saved
> a good 9 hours of my life that I am not getting back!
>

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > X-post to Office Update newsgroup
> >
> > Insert your Office 2003 CD into the CD drive before attempting to install
> > Office 2003 Service Pack 3.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
> >
> > Uwe wrote:
> > > For weeks I have been trying to get rid of this install failure message,
> > > error code 0x537. Can't seem to find the solution...
> > >
> > > This is Office 2003 on XP Media Center v2002 SP2.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Uwe
> >

 |  Next  |  Last