From: Peter Foldes on
No. You will not get your money back for Office 2003 since it has been in the
mainstream now for years.

But try the following.

Never but never use any Registry Cleaning tools

See the following

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e670ad22-d3c1-41f7-ba30-6a67139feaa3&DisplayLang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e9f8e309-d721-4bab-b485-5eede8d49eb8&DisplayLang=en

Also see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903776

Also you can try and do the following if the above does not correct it. Do not jump
to this step before trying the of the above

1st Rename Office subkeys

Note: Removing the following registry keys may reset customized user
settings for your Microsoft Office programs.

1. Close all the applications.
2. Click on Start->Run, type in REGEDIT and click on OK.
3. Locate and select the following registry subkeys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0

4. Right click on 11.0 and rename them to Old11.
5. Close the Registry Editor.

2nd. Detect and Repair Office 2003

1. On the Windows taskbar, click Start, point to and click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3. Click Change/Remove Programs on the left pane.
4. Highlight Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 on the right pane
and click Change.
5. Insert the correct version of CD when it requires.
6. Select “Reinstall and Repair” and click Next.
7. Select “Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation”.
8. Click Install and wait the process to end.

3rd. Install the Updates

--
Peter

From: Shenan Stanley on
<snipped>

David wrote:
> None of these suggestions worked for me. It Office 2003 is still a
> supported application and Microsoft has no fix is there a way to
> simply get my money back for the cost of Office 2003?

No. Office 2003 is not broken in this case - your system is. ;-) If it was
Office 2003 - no one would be able to install SP3 in the same way you seem
to be unable to. That would be a problem on a mass scale and likely would
not exist long or your query would have a 'sure - you can get your money
back because they cannot fix it.' answer. ;-)

The product likely works fine if you uninstall it and integrate SP3 into the
original installation media (making a new installation media set) and
install it using that.

There's also likely some way you could fix your system to allow SP3 for
Office 2003 to install onto it.

You tried the solution Uwe posted?
"Just delete the %temp%\OHotfix folder content just prior to Office 2003 SP3
update"

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Peter Foldes on
David

See the following and implement

From: Peter Foldes on
Sorry . Wrong post and newsgroup

--
Peter

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
While I have your attention, have you seen
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949074, Peter??
--
~PA Bear
www.HappyChrismukkwanza.mvp

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Sorry . Wrong post and newsgroup
>

> "Peter Foldes" <okf122(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> David
>>
>> See the following and implement
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903776
<SNIP>