From: nolan on
XP SP3, IE8, OFFICE 2007
-------------------------------
Windows Update installation Failure.

I had around 15 updates, but only the 4 Office 2007 updates were not
successful.

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB978382)
Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB978380)
Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB981715)
Update for Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 (KB980729)

This is the data at the top of the install updates page before install:

Download size (total): 0 KB *
Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *
(*Downloaded; ready to install)

Error Code: 0x52F

The only info I can find on this error code relates to earlier versions of
Microsoft Office.

From: MowGreen on
nolan wrote:
> XP SP3, IE8, OFFICE 2007
> -------------------------------
> Windows Update installation Failure.
>
> I had around 15 updates, but only the 4 Office 2007 updates were not
> successful.
>
> Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB978382)
> Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB978380)
> Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB981715)
> Update for Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 (KB980729)
>
> This is the data at the top of the install updates page before install:
>
> Download size (total): 0 KB *
> Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *
> (*Downloaded; ready to install)
>
> Error Code: 0x52F
>
> The only info I can find on this error code relates to earlier versions of
> Microsoft Office.

Nolan,

See if this KB article helps: How to investigate and resolve update
installation failures for the 2007 Office system or for Windows
SharePoint Services 3.0
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903776

> This is the data at the top of the install updates page before install:
>
> Download size (total): 0 KB *

That signifies that the updates are already downloaded to your system.
Have you tried installing the updates with the Office installation media
inserted into the CD/DVD drive ?

If you can't resolve this issue, then you can get *** no-charge ***
assistance from MS in getting the *** Security *** updates installed.
From KB978382 and KB978380:

" How to obtain help and support for this security update

in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
through your usual support contacts. "

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
From: nolan on
Thanks for your suggestions. I went to 1-866-PCSAFETY and they figured it out.

From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello Nolan,

Can you post ....and they figured it out. so as we can try ?

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-

From: MowGreen on
Don't hold your breath, Ǝиçεl. We're lucky that Nolan posted back at all.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com