From: HRayJ on
I am running vista service pack 2, 32 bit on Dell Inspiron 530 an windows
cannot install Security update UPDATE KB979683, gives error msg that widows
has encountered an unknown error FFFFFFF , and I cannot get it to install,
need help
--
HRayJones
From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello HRayJ

See this:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/updates/015/

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-
PS
If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
another source, post back & let us know.
Then we all benefit.
-=-

From: Ǝиçεl on

Disk Cleanup
<http://www.vista4beginners.com/Disk-Cleanup>

CCleaner - When Disk Cleanup is no longer enough
<http://www.vista4beginners.com/CCleaner>
-=-

Do a chkdsk and make sure your files or drive are not corrupted.
<http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-vista/how-to-use-check-disk-in-windows-vista/>

Also run SFC \scannow
How to Run SFC:

Type "cmd" into the Search box above the Start Button>and when cmd comes up
at the top of the Start menu>right click cmd and click "run as Admin" and
when the cmd prompt comes up at the cmd prompt type "sfc /scannow" no quotes
and let it run.

This may fix things quite a bit.

It replaces corrupt files with intact ones, if you're not familiar with it.

I'd recommend doing all four in the order given.

Also, I recommend downloading and installing
MalwareBytes' Antimalware (MBAM) and
SUPERAntiSpywaяe (SAS).

Do a full scan with MalwaяeBytes' and
SUPERAntiSpywaяe.

<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
After the software (SAS) is updated, it is suggested scanning the system in
Safe Mode.

Reboot
-=-

<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
After the software is updated, it is suggested scanning the system in
Regular Mode.

Reboot
-=-
Once downloaded, close all programs and windows on your computer.

Both free versions of MBAM and SAS are on-demand scanners and offer no
'real-time' protection. Keep them installed and use them as
'second-opinion' scanner which is purposely (by design) recommended by
their respective authoяs.
-=-

Windows Live OneCaяe online scan
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
Look for Protection, the broom Clean up, also Tune Up..
-=-

Good luck
-=-

Ǝиçεl