From: Error Code 0x800703F0 Error Code on
After general hazard on my home PC I had to reinstall Windows XP. Anytime I
try to update Windows XP, I receive the error code 0x800703F0 and the
ínformation, the website cannot be displayed. Can anybody give me a solution
for my problem?
From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"Error Code 0x800703F0" <Error Code 0x800703F0(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After general hazard on my home PC I had to reinstall Windows XP. Anytime I
> try to update Windows XP, I receive the error code 0x800703F0 and the
> �nformation, the website cannot be displayed. Can anybody give me a solution
> for my problem?

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>set /a c = 0x3F0
1008
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.
</cmd_output>

I don't think the code is enough of a clue to get a solution just from it.
You are going to have to find some context for it in your install log.

Hint: search all files which were changed by the update, for both
the hex 3F0 and the decimal 1008 values. I'm suggesting you search
for only 3F0 even though there is the possibility of false positives being
found with it because sometimes in messages hex values are referenced
without the 0x prefix or even without the 8007 prefix and sometimes
just the decimal value is reported in the place where the code has
the most significant context.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
0x800703F0 - ERROR_NO_TOKEN
(An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist)
~~~~~~
Did you do a Repair Install or did you format & clean install?

Right-click on My Computer | Properties: What Windows version is displayed
here?

Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
error and cannot display the requested page":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net