From: HanLee on
Windows Update doesn't work because of error 80072F8F and tells me to solve
this problem by adjusting the PC-time.
But this feature doesn't work properly either, the synchronisation of the
Internet Time is not working.
I can't download ANY update, nor for Windows or the virusscanners.
I re-installed Windows Vista Home Premium on this desktop and everything has
been working fine for 3 weeks, all available updates were installed without
any problem.
Can anyone give me an advice to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance,
HanLee

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista SP2 Beta)
when posting to this newsgroup.

> But this feature doesn't work properly either, the synchronisation of the
> Internet Time is not working.

And if you adjust the time, date, and time zone manually...?

cf. Windows Update error 80072f8f
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/bc1393cf-9f9c-79c7-0f91-9337c2c412341033.mspx

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the machine (e.g.,
a free-trial version preinstalled on the machine when you bought it...and
which may have been reinstalled when you reinstalled Windows 3 weeks ago)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

From: Engel on
Hello HanLee,

What Robear Dyer said. Also,

It could be the coin cell battery for the CMOS
-=-
From: TaurArian on
HanLee wrote:
:: Windows Update doesn't work because of error 80072F8F and tells me
:: to solve this problem by adjusting the PC-time.
:: But this feature doesn't work properly either, the synchronisation
:: of the Internet Time is not working.
:: I can't download ANY update, nor for Windows or the virusscanners.
:: I re-installed Windows Vista Home Premium on this desktop and
:: everything has been working fine for 3 weeks, all available updates
:: were installed without any problem.
:: Can anyone give me an advice to solve this problem?
:: Thanks in advance,
:: HanLee

Also check this article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326253
Error message when you check for updates on the Windows Update site:
"0X800A138F: There are no updates available at this time"
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

From: HanLee on
There was a problem in the BIOS, after a correction the PC-time could be
synchronized and everything worked fine again.
Thank you all for your support.
Regards, HanLee

"HanLee" <jmleenders(a)tele2.nl> schreef in bericht
> Windows Update doesn't work because of error 80072F8F and tells me to
> solve this problem by adjusting the PC-time.
> But this feature doesn't work properly either, the synchronisation of the
> Internet Time is not working.
> I can't download ANY update, nor for Windows or the virusscanners.
> I re-installed Windows Vista Home Premium on this desktop and everything
> has been working fine for 3 weeks, all available updates were installed
> without any problem.
> Can anyone give me an advice to solve this problem?
> Thanks in advance,
> HanLee

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2