From: nha on
Hi: I received the same error code, and have tried everything shown. I did
not have 3.5 beta installed, so, as per link someone here posted from
microsoft, I uninstalled all net framework programs on my computer, cosed
out, and then tried to run the indows install cleanup that the link saqid to
download next - but no reference there to any net framework showing to clean
up. So I turned off my machine eyt again, and tried to reinstall all net
framework programs that I'd had on my computer and uninstalled, and found
that I couldn't install even one of those programs. So it now appears I have
no net frameworks on my computer, I can't install or celan up anything, and
am just thorouly lost and confused. I will try to do the last-resort
uninstall (if there's anything left to uninstall) referred to in the windows
article, but I have a feeling I'm in trouble. Any suggestions from anyone?

From: Rainer on
Hello, I got the same error. No beta installed. Windows Update says that the
product is already downloaded and can be installed. But the install reports
the error, mentioned in the subject, on the Windows Update Page only (no
error code is reported by the local install. The local install only reports
that the install was not successful - no reason mentioned).
How to fix it?
How to change the state: downloaded and ready to install?
How to remove the package from my local PC? or
How to make it work?
BTW - I have searched MS websites the whole morning to find a solution.
Nothing found.
Thank you very much in advance.
Regards, Rainer