From: Denkai on

Alright here it is, I'm still getting the WindowsUpdate_80244019 after
everything suggested in this tread, trojan checker, win http service
activation, DHCP authintication, and no joy. I've reinstalled Vista
altogether 3 times. I've gotten the same code without fail. I've changed
modems, I've changed routers, I don't know what is going on!!! lol. I
know that I can't download from the microsoft website at all. I goto
downloads.microsoft.com and I get absolutely nothing. any tips? oh and
here is a copy of my windowsupdate.log file in its entirety. fresh
install so hope it isn't to small. oh, and I am running Vista Business
Without SP1, I would have SP1, but I can't get to
downloads.microsoft.com to download it.

Th

--
Denkai

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
0x80244019 SUS_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND
Http status 404 - object not found

> ...I've reinstalled Vista altogether 3 times.

5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/advanced/xppc.mspx

Has the machine ever been connected to the internet or any networks without
a firewall enabled?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

(e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it &
which was reinstalled when you reinstalled Windows each time)?

security updates.

<psst> Setting up Windows Mail (Vista) to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/microsoft-newsgroup-setup-instructions-for-windows-mail/
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net