From: tirgis1 on
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
(KB928366)

I've been trying to download this update for weeks now with no success, can
anyone help me out? Help Please

I keep getting Error Code: 0x80131700
From: MowGreen [MVP] on
Which antivirus, firewall, and/or security software [popup blocker;
ActiveX/script blocker,etc] is installed ?

Temporarily disable the installed AV from actively monitoring the
system. Please consult the Help file of said AV or visit the
manufacturer's web site if you need assistance doing this.

Then see if you can manually download KB928366 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=281fb2cd-c715-4f05-a01f-0455d2d9ebfb&DisplayLang=en
NOTE: **** NOT FOR VISTA***

Save it, do not run it from 'it's present location'.
When the download completes, close the browser and any other open programs.
With the AV still completely disabled, install NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe
Restart the system if requested to.

Reenable the AV now.
If you feel the system is at risk while connected to the net with the AV
temp disabled, disconnect the system after KB928366 has downloaded and
then install it.
Then reenable the AV and reconnect.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
*-343-* FDNY