From: ahmad on
Error Code: WindowsUpdate_8020002E

sneakylyn wrote:

Error Code: WindowsUpdate_8020002E
23-Jan-09

Hello!

I just received my new computer and I am getting this one error message when
I did the updates. I know the same thing happened with my last computer, but
I can't remember what was suggested to fix the issue. I am running Windows
Vista.

Any advice?

Thanks! :O)

PS: Here is the name of the update I am trying to download that gives me
the above error code:

Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB955020)

Download size: 62.9 MB

On Friday, January 23, 2009 9:36 PM
sneakylyn wrote:

Error Code: WindowsUpdate_8020002E
Hello!

I just received my new computer and I am getting this one error message when
I did the updates. I know the same thing happened with my last computer, but
I can't remember what was suggested to fix the issue. I am running Windows
Vista.

Any advice?

Thanks! :O)

PS: Here is the name of the update I am trying to download that gives me
the above error code:

Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB955020)

Download size: 62.9 MB

On Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:56 AM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

0??8020002E = BG_E_CONNECTION_CLOSEDThe connection was prematurely closed.
0??8020002E = BG_E_CONNECTION_CLOSED
The connection was prematurely closed.

See if you can install it manually:

1. Download the installer for the update from this link, saving it to your
desktop:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FD62364E-10EB-4E55-86A6-0AE67A5D434E

2. Close all applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon), including
Windows Mail.

3. Right-click on the file you saved in #1 above and select "Run as
Administrator." Follow all prompts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

sneakylynx wrote:

SharePoint - Managing Unused or Archive sites automatically
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/96bf1f1c-ab6f-43f1-9a5b-a2a8deb60cad/sharepoint--managing-unu.aspx