From: mike on
I am trying to reinstall Windows XP Home on my computer. When insert my
windowns xp cd and restart I get to the 3rd step on the link below and cannot
continue.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/install.mspx

Basically, right when I start it says hit Enter to continue for whatever
reason my computer wont recognise when I hit enter or anything else for that
matter, Any ideas?
From: Shenan Stanley on
mike wrote:
> I am trying to reinstall Windows XP Home on my computer. When
> insert my windowns xp cd and restart I get to the 3rd step on the
> link below and cannot continue.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/install.mspx
>
> Basically, right when I start it says hit Enter to continue for
> whatever reason my computer wont recognise when I hit enter or
> anything else for that matter, Any ideas?

Have any PS/2 ports? Using one for the keyboard?
You may want to.

Ensure the legacy USB support is on as well - if you are using a USB
keyboard.

Could be a bad cable, bad stick of RAM, bad power, bad CD or bad CD drive
even as well.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP