From: Daniel King on
I am trying to upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows XP. According to the
"Test System Compatibility" report, my system is compatible (although my
internet connection and printer may provide problems). When I try to
install XP from the CD ROM, though, I get the "Setup cannot continue.
Error 535FF5CH" message. Can anyone tell me what this means, and how to
overcome the problem?

Thanks,

Daniel.
From: philo on

"Daniel King" <nightspore11(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows XP. According to the
> "Test System Compatibility" report, my system is compatible (although my
> internet connection and printer may provide problems). When I try to
> install XP from the CD ROM, though, I get the "Setup cannot continue.
> Error 535FF5CH" message. Can anyone tell me what this means, and how to
> overcome the problem?

I could find no info on that error code...
however from my experience...a clean install of XP is considerably more
likely to work well than an upgrade from
win98.

You could backup your data...then perform a clean install...
or else install XP on a seperate partition and dual boot

From: Cooler Dude on
Daniel King wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows XP. According to the
> "Test System Compatibility" report, my system is compatible (although
> my internet connection and printer may provide problems). When I try
> to install XP from the CD ROM, though, I get the "Setup cannot
> continue. Error 535FF5CH" message. Can anyone tell me what this
> means, and how to overcome the problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniel.

You could try this link. It may help: