From: mike ring on
I hope one of the experts can help me; I'm getting the message in the title
when I run a game called "absolute mastermind"

There's one person on it's forum who's raised this, but she's had no
answer,

When I google, I found some apps (games, I think) that had this message and
it appeared to be linked to an atl.dll, which I found and shoved in
windows\system, but it didn't help.

I like mastermind, but the excellent cybermind prog I had won't run
properly on thes computer, though it's fine on my backup one, same OS, I
think it must be to do with the graphics, but I can't solve it.

I want a game with some of the tougher options, which is why I'd like to
get this one going..... I see I'm rambling again.

So, can anyone help me with this problem, please?

--

mike
From: Elmo on
mike ring wrote:
> I hope one of the experts can help me; I'm getting the message in the title
> when I run a game called "absolute mastermind"
>
> There's one person on its forum who's raised this, but she's had no
> answer.
>
> When I google, I found some apps (games, I think) that had this message and
> it appeared to be linked to an atl.dll, which I found and shoved in
> windows\system, but it didn't help.
>
> I like mastermind, but the excellent cybermind prog I had won't run
> properly on thes computer, though it's fine on my backup one, same OS, I
> think it must be to do with the graphics, but I can't solve it.
>
> I want a game with some of the tougher options, which is why I'd like to
> get this one going..... I see I'm rambling again.
>
> So, can anyone help me with this problem, please?

An .ocx is usually installed into the "Downloaded Program Files" folder,
and sometimes registered afterwards. Here's a couple of things I would try:

- Find the file location, if it exists, and type in the command line:

REGSVR32 "C:\windows\downloaded program files\btn32a20.ocx"

(The location may be different.)

- Look in Internet Options, General tab, Settings button, "View Objects"
button. Click Views, Details, and see if a component is damaged. If
it's related to the game, you may need to reinstall the game. You can
right-click the damaged component and click "Update" and that might
repair the component, if you're online, or the CD is requested.

--
Joe =o)
From: smackedass on

How bout a better graphics card? Might be...

smackedass

From: mike ring on
"smackedass" <kemanospamcomputer(a)verizon.net> wrote in

> How bout a better graphics card? Might be...

Prolly a good idea; but it's built in, and in any case the computer is
alleged to be far superior to my old one: the graphics should be major
league above what I need.

I'd like to try new drivers, but the shuttle site says my model (S51)
doesn't exist.

I know it's a P4, but I can't idenfify the chipset.

Shuttle provide an identify-your-machine service, but first you have to
download an Activex component, and it doesn't download....

I think my best bet is to chuck the heap away, and get another tower, and
tell the world never to buy a Shuttle.

yours disgustedly..

--

mike