From: TomC on
I cannot open Outlook 2003. I get the error message: "Cannot start Microsoft
Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could
not be opened. " My Outlook.pst file is 1.6g. I used Scanpst and it did a
repair on the file, but this didn't work I am still getting the message.

Does anyone have any idea how I might resolve this.

Thanks
From: Vince Averello [MVP - Outlook] on
Have you tried creating a fresh profile here: Control Panel > Mail applet?

From: TomC on
Vince, Thanks for the advice. Is there anything specific in the profile that
might be the problem? In Data Files I have checked that the personal folders
filename path is correct. In E-mail accounts I have confirmed by account
settings and rest the data file link using the New Outlook Data File link.

None of these actions corrected the problem.

Tom