From: isuy on
I get the following error message when Firefox finishes downloading.
Also I have ForecastFox weather extension and it causes the error
message sometimes.
Anyone else getting this error message?
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks.

Error Message:
libnotify-Message: GetCapabilities call failed: The name
org.freedesktop.Notification was not provided by any .service files

From: Andreas Marschke on
isuy wrote:

> I get the following error message when Firefox finishes downloading.
> Also I have ForecastFox weather extension and it causes the error
> message sometimes.
> Anyone else getting this error message?
> Is there a fix for this?
> Thanks.
>

> Error Message:
> libnotify-Message: GetCapabilities call failed: The name
> org.freedesktop.Notification was not provided by any .service files

This means that:
A something in your DBUS is rotten
B you dont have a notification system such as KNotify(KDE)
B.1 Note that it is also possible that KNotify
or any other similar notification system
might got choked dead on start
C you just havent got a Notificattion system or a real
desktop environment that provides it such as GNOME or KDE

Cheers,

Andreas Marschke