From: Valerie on
My computer has been really slow so Norton offered a free PC checkup. I did
all the steps that they suggested but I believe that I did something wrong
and keep gettinga message box that says:
Error Loading
c:\ProgramFiles\Wildtangent\Apps\CDA\cduEngine0400.dll

I don't know how t stop this box from popping up on startup. Please help..
Thanks,
Val

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Contact Norton Support?

From: Jim on
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 22:16:01 -0800, Valerie
<Valerie(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My computer has been really slow so Norton offered a free PC checkup. I did
>all the steps that they suggested but I believe that I did something wrong
>and keep gettinga message box that says:
>Error Loading
>c:\ProgramFiles\Wildtangent\Apps\CDA\cduEngine0400.dll
>
>I don't know how t stop this box from popping up on startup. Please help..
>Thanks,
>Val

Hi Val , Suggestion : if you are using Norton just for antivirus ,
uninstall and use Avast instead .
From: Paul on
Valerie wrote:
> My computer has been really slow so Norton offered a free PC checkup. I did
> all the steps that they suggested but I believe that I did something wrong
> and keep gettinga message box that says:
> Error Loading
> c:\ProgramFiles\Wildtangent\Apps\CDA\cduEngine0400.dll
>
> I don't know how t stop this box from popping up on startup. Please help..
> Thanks,
> Val

There is an article on Wildtangent here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildTangent

If I had to guess, some program (like Norton) has removed "CDAENGINE0400.DLL"
and that item is still part of some startup process.

http://www.pchell.com/support/wildtangent.shtml

04 - HKLM\..\Run: [WildTangent CDA] RUNDLL32.exe "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll",cdaEngineMain

I bet the error message comes as a side effect of
that particular registry key, because the file it
references has been removed.

At the very least, I'd have a look to see if there
is still a C:\Program Files\WildTangent folder or not.
Just to see how much of it has been removed. Did you
notice any games associated with Wildtangent have stopped
working ?

Paul